BROADWATER MOULDINGS RECOGNISES ITS ENVIRONMENTAL RESPONSIBILITY
“Implementation of the environmental policy has the full commitment of the board of directors and the senior management”
Broadwater Mouldings Ltd is ISO 14001:2015 accredited, recognising that its operations have an effect on the local, regional and global environment. The company regards the proper management of the environmental aspects of its business activities as mutually beneficial to all interested parties and is committed to continuously improve its environmental performance and prevent pollution.
In 2014 Broadwater Mouldings was awarded accreditation to the Suffolk Carbon Charter, at Bronze Level. Click here to view the PDF certificate.
The company will define its environmental objectives and targets annually. Regular progress monitoring will take place during monthly management meetings and a review will take place every 6 months during which, the objectives and targets will be re-assessed. The targets for the period January 2014 to January 2017 include the following:
We shall reduce our carbon emissions by a total of 15% over the stated 3 year period. In the same period we shall reduce our waste to landfill by 15% by improving our recycling and by adopting better waste management techniques.
The company shall:
- As a minimum, comply with all environmental regulations, laws, codes of practice and company procedures which apply to all its activities
- Endeavour to take all reasonable measures to prevent pollution
- Set environmental targets and goals designed to improve its environmental performance
- Promote environmental protection in all its operations and shall establish and develop documented procedures for achieving this, in compliance with the requirements of the International Standard ISO 14001:2015
- Endeavour to minimise the amount of waste generated by its operations, especially hazardous waste, and whenever possible recycle materials
- Dispose of all waste through safe and responsible methods
- Strive to eliminate unnecessary use of energy and natural resources
- Ensure its operations are conducted in such a manner as to eliminate or minimise the impact on wildlife, wildlife habitats and the visual amenity
- Liaise with our key suppliers to ensure that they recognise and minimise the environmental impact of their products or services
- Encourage staff to use environmentally friendly methods of transportation to and from company worksites
- Involve employees in environmental matters and promote this through training, communications and re-appraisal of working methods